Sunday, October 26, 2014

No Carve Pumpkin Decorating

Is it already October?  We've been so busy moving this month that we're barely starting Halloween activities.  Chiquita and I picked up some little pumpkins to decorate.  I decided we should try out a bunch of different decoration techniques I had found on other blogs.
  1. Melted wax from Life with Moore Babies - I got a little tea light candle and with careful supervision Chiquita heated up a crayon and let it drip on the pumpkin, sometimes making dots and drawing. 
  2. Googly Eyes from All You - I didn't have any adhesive backed eyes and I knew that glue was going to be messy or prevent Chiquita from fully participating.  So I poured a little glue on top of a sponge and let her dip the eyes in it.  She still got glue all over her fingers and wanted to wash her fingers after one pumpkin.
  3. Gluing other random stuff on it from Chiquita. I was going for themed pumpkins, but she wouldn't have it.  I gave in and let her glue googly eyes, chunks of pipe cleaners, buttons, and anything else she wanted on the last pumpkin.  It's all about happy kids, right?
Speaking of making kids happy, I couldn't get an "after" picture because Chiquita wanted to play with them and take them places.  The wax pumpkin is currently loss.  Wish me luck finding it before it rots!

No comments:

Post a Comment